Filipino-American R'Bonney Gabriel won the Miss USA 2022 crown on Tuesday (Philippine time) in Reno, Nevada, dominating 50 different candidates.

The 28-year-old fashion designer will represent the US in the 71st Miss Universe show in January in New Orleans, Louisiana.

During the meeting round, Gabriel, wearing a Maria Clara-inspired outfit, was asked the way in which she will address climate change.

"I'm a style fashioner, I really made the outfit I'm wearing in, I upcycle pieces and reuse different dress to be more manageable in my industry since I feel it resembles my obligation," she replied. "Along these lines, I feel that is something you can search for courses in our specific businesses or in our homes to be maintainable too."

As indicated by her Instagram account, Gabriel additionally possesses an eco-accommodating dress brand called R'Bonney Nola, which offers hand tailored pieces produced using practical materials.

Gabriel, who hails from Houston, is the main Filipino-American to win the US show. In one of her Instagram posts, she said that her mom is from Beaumont, Texas and her dad is from the Philippines. They got hitched in Manila.

Beside Gabriel, two different applicants have Filipino lineage in the Miss USA show: Kiana Yamat of Hawaii and Suzanne Perez of New Mexico. Perez came to the Main 12.

The US has the most number of Miss Universe champs with eight crowns.