The Cleveland Cavaliers have signed Kevin Love to an extension, reportedly worth $120million over four years.

“When I first came to Cleveland, I came with a long-term mindset,” Love said. “I came here to win. We developed a culture here that reflects that. I’m super excited and I couldn’t be happier. It’s a big commitment for me and it’s a big commitment from the Cavaliers, so I want to thank Dan Gilbert, Koby Altman and the entire organization.

Love had opted out of the 2019-20 season on his current five-year deal worth $110 million signed in July 2015 and is slated to earn $24.1 million next season before his new extension goes into effect.



"I enjoy playing here, I’m excited about the team that we have and look forward to our future together. Cleveland fans have been special from day one and I’m also looking forward to continuing to be a part of this great community.”

An excellent three-point shooter, Love averaged 17.6 PPG and 9.3 RPG for a Cavaliers team that went to the Finals for a fourth straight season. Throughout his career, Love has tallied a double-double.

Cleveland will look to stay in the Eastern Conference playoff hunt next season, with both Love and rookie point guard Collin Sexton playing pivotal roles.