Warriors star Kevin Durant had nothing but compliments when asked for his thoughts on LeBron James leaving the Cleveland Cavaliers to join the Los Angeles Lakers this summer. He told The Undefeated‘s Marc Spears that he “absolutely loved it” and then explained why.

Since LeBron James made the decision to sign with the Lakers earlier this offseason, many around the NBA have criticized the four-time MVP's decision. Kevin Durant, however, isn't one of them as he "absolutely loved" James' choice. 

The Warriors forward went on to call James' decision a "perfect move" and praised him for accomplishing everything he did with Cleveland


“I loved it. I absolutely loved it," Durant told Marc Spears of The Undefeated. "I thought it was the perfect decision, perfect move, did everything he was supposed to do in Cleveland.

"I think this is the perfect next step for him, and he’s kinda breaking down the barriers of what an NBA superstar is supposed to be. You feel like you’re just supposed to play it out in one spot. I think he did a good job of giving different chapters. I think it’s gonna make his book even more interesting when it’s done.”

James going to the West will make things a little more interesting for the Warriors’ future runs to the Finals, but KD has lots of respect for James and perhaps he’s eager to battle the best.

After winning his first championship in 2017, Durant said of James: “Since 2012, he’s the only one I looked at and said he’s the only guy that can look me eye-to-eye.”